The Water Shop was established over 30 years ago by Vince Russell, one of the founding fathers of the health food industry in Australia. Vince received numerous awards for his innovations before the ‘Russell’s’ chain of 7 successful stores was later purchased by Blackmores Vitamins.
When the media started reporting on the contaminants and pollutants in our drinking water and with the addition of sodium fluoride, Vince became aware of the growing demand for water purification products. In response to this need he designed and commercialised Australia’s first home drinking water system in the 1970’s.
Recognising the emerging market and the need for high quality purification technologies The Water Shop was founded in the 1980’s and has evolved into one of Australia’s largest independent water filtration importer/exporter wholesaler and retailer.
We remain devoted to Mr Vincent Russell’s intention of providing products of unsurpassed quality to enhance the wellbeing and health of our customers.
Every year we attend at least two of the world’s largest water purifications trade fairs and conventions, keeping abreast of the latest filtration technologies and products available from around the world. We pride ourselves therefore in ensuring that you are receiving the best water filtration solution available at this time.
Setting Ourselves Apart
- The Water Shop products have been tested, certified and awarded the Australian Water Mark Standard. Australian plumbing codes require the water mark approval before a water filtration product can be installed by a licensed plumber in your home. Our products give peace of mind to the consumer knowing their system and all components will comfortably withstand Australian Mains Water pressure. Unfortunately numerous consumers have reported suffering varying degrees of flood damage to their homes and the inconvenience associated with it by purchasing cheap non watermark approved water filters on the internet.Our systems are guaranteed to remove from your tap water the contaminants we claim as verified by independent test reports from certified laboratories.
- Every system we sell is hand built and tested in Sydney in compliance with Australian water mark standards from American, British and Australian components.
- With so many years of experience we have every confidence in providing you and your family the best available in water filtration technologies.
Why Choose The Water Shop?
- Certification of products
We take pride and pleasure in only providing the best. Our products are certified and fully tested to meet or surpass the AS/NZS/IS9002 and Australian Plumbing Standard MP52. You will find leading products from the biggest names in the industry, such as Doulton, Omnipure, ZIP, Sprite Showers and many more.
- Over 25 years professional experience
Founded back in the 1980’s, we carry long standing relationships with the leaders in the water filtration industry. Now, being recognised as the leader in our field we continue offering efficient, effective, economic and hygienic alternatives to bottled water.
- Australian owned & operated
Founded and established to this day in Sydney, Australia, we are proudly 100% Australian owned and operated. Our systems too, are built and tested here in Australia.
- Superlative service warranty
Our team of professionals here at your service, comprise Gold licensed senior plumbers with as many as 16 years experience with us.
- Customer satisfaction promise
We place all confidence in the products we provide. If you are not 100% satisfied with your purchased system or product – let us know! We will do what it takes to ensure your satisfaction.
- 5 year warranty
All the products and systems provided here at The Water Shop are supported by a minimum 5 year warranty against manufacturing workmanship defects.
- Complimentary service reminder
To allow you peace of mind, when your service is due one of our Service Operators will be in touch. Dependent on your preference, we can then either arrange for our qualified Service Technician to come and carry out the service or, if you prefer, to send out the appropriate cartridges alongside a brief set of instructions.